Omnia VOLT AM
The Omnia VOLT AM is the latest triumph from the people who brought you the multiple-award-winning Omnia.11, the acclaimed Omnia.9, the power-packed Omnia 7, and the 13,000+ Omnia ONEs currently in service. VOLT gives you more sonic performance and processing power in one rack unit than others give you in three. Here’s how:
With VOLT, we have rewritten the rules for broadcast DSP, fine-tuning our algorithms and creating the world’s best-sounding, most powerful and versatile 1RU audio processor. The QuickTweak system helps users get just the sound they want quickly. You can get VOLT on the air in minutes, select presets that have been designed for today’s stations and programming, and create a unique sonic personality with just a few nudges.
VOLT may be the most value-packed audio processor on the market, thanks to its DSP|Core firmware module system. This system means you can re-purpose your VOLT to serve different needs by simply updating firmware. The capability to turn your FM VOLT into an AM unit or into an HD/DAB or SG box comes standard into every unit. , and the fact that each DSP|Core firmware package is FREE is like getting 4 processors in one package. Modules include VOLT FM, VOLT AM, VOLT HD PRO and VOLT SG. Each Core has a feature set that has been fine-tuned for its application, optimizing system DSP to the unique demands of different user applications.
VOLT AM – Designed specifically for the challenges of AM radio. Versatile pre- and post-limiting equalization plus superior presets created for today’s AM stations give you the cleanest and most powerful signal on the band. Asymmetrical Modulation and Tilt, applied after the clipper, help you get better performance even from older transmitters!
Nail Your Signature Sound Faster with QuickTweak™
Whether you are a processing novice or expert, Omnia VOLT gives you the tools to create a superior signature sound. Choose from some of the best factory presets available, designed by Omnia’s processing experts and by our favourite “insider” guest programmers. For those who want to push beyond stock presets, Omnia’s new QuickTweak system lets you fine-tune your sound quickly. For experts, drill down into deeper parameter adjustments. Get exactly the processing you want, while you’re on the air, whether you’re at the front panel, or sitting in your car controlling VOLT over the web.
Nobody knows processing like Omnia. We’ve designed QuickTweak based on our decades of experience and market leadership, algorithmically linking complex and interactive parameters to create a core set of “meta” controls.
- QuickTweak is easy to understand: You can tune it by ear, and hear the results instantly.
- QuickTweak’s six master controls allow millions of recallable variations, right from the front panel.
- You can use QuickTweak on the factory presets, or on your own custom presets.
- You can save your own settings after using QuickTweak to easily A/B compare preset modifications.
- Any preset can be adjusted with QuickTweak, or you can fine-tune using even deeper control layers. Presets can always be refined, then saved under a new title.
- Share presets by importing or exporting them with others in your company. Back-up preset files on common media.
Total Versatility with DSP|Core Firmware
VOLT’s DSP|Core firmware modules rearrange and modify VOLT as your needs change. DSP|Cores aren’t extra cost add-ons! Download the functionality you require for free, install the DSP|Core firmware package from a connected computer, and reboot. It’s that simple.
- Use VOLT for FM Analog Stereo at the station, with high-quality baseband clipping to feed uncompressed STLs, or at the transmitter, with dual composite outputs.
- Use VOLT for AM Broadcast, with purpose-built presets for the challenges of AM radio. VOLT’s Tunable Asymmetrical Modulation and Tilt controls help you get modern results, even from older transmitters!
- Use VOLT for Studio and Program Production or Syndication. It comes with the tools and presets you require for modern production styles.
- Use VOLT for HD/DAB/DRM/Web Streaming. Our exclusive Sensus algorithms reduce compression artefacts even at low bitrates.
- Use VOLT as a standalone FM Stereo Generator at the transmitter for direct connection to transmitters.
- Use VOLT for low-latency FM Stereo to comply with local regulations, using a high-efficiency clipper that’s optimized for this kind of broadcast.