Mic-Attachable Audio Recorder
The compact DR-10X audio recorder attaches to a handheld microphone for the ultimate compact news gathering recording system. A captive XLR connector attaches firmly to any dynamic microphone for capturing interviews in Broadcast WAV format at sampling rates of 44.1/48 kHz and 16/24-bit resolution or in MP3 format. Recordings can be offloaded through a USB connection or by loading the microSD card into a computer.
The DR-10X offers both manual and automatic gain settings, a low-cut filter and a limiter to prevent overloads. The Dual Recording mode can be used to create a copy of the audio at a lower level as a backup track in case there is distortion. Recording can begin instantly by sliding the record switch while turning the unit on.
This audio recorder is designed for plug-on connection, so it can be connected directly to XLR handheld dynamic mics or battery-powered condenser mics. Thus, it is perfectly suited for recording interviews, conferences, seminars, meetings and any other situation using a handheld microphone.
- Simple plug-on connection with any XLR handheld mic
- The locking mechanism assures a tight connection with the microphone
- Ideal for use with high-quality shotgun mics
The DR-10X fits in the palm of the hand and is a true lightweight at only 56.3 grams. For small-scale reporting, you can record high-quality audio with just a microphone and the DR-10X. There is no need to carry bulky equipment – you can now record with a compact rig that you can hold in one hand.
- Compact and lightweight design
- Headphones output to check recorded data right away and to monitor the input during recording
- Built-in clock and support for BWF files (time information is stored in metadata)
- Dual-recording for simultaneously creating a safety track at a lower level
- Sliding record button and hold function to prevent misoperation during recording
- Automatic gain control function, limiter function
- Easy-to-read OLED display
- Automatic file closing prevents the loss of already recorded data when the batterie runs out of power
The DR-10X creates mono WAV audio files at 44.1/48 kHz and 16/24 bits (BWF format) which are ideal for recording interviews, press conferences, meetings and other sources that are not needed in stereo format. Since firmware version 2.0, it is also possible to create space-saving MP3-format recordings at 16/24-bit resolution and a bit rate of 128 kbit/s or 192 kbit/s. You can use the automatic gain function and use the switchable limiter for overload protection or adjust the input level manually. And the dual-recording function records a safety track at a lower level (–6 dB or –12 dB).
The Tascam DR-10X is engineered to prevent misoperation during recording to ensure high reliability. The recording switch uses a sliding mechanism that prevents misoperation from accidentally pressing a button. In addition, the hold function can prevent the recording from being stopped by accidental contact with a button.
You can check the battery level on the easy-to-read organic EL display. Even if the battery should run out unexpectedly, the unit will automatically close the file before it shuts down to prevent loss of already recorded data.
Even though the DR-10X is very compact, it can play back recorded files. You can connect headphones to check recorded data right away.
Time information is stored with the audio data for easy searching and editing. And you can also let the unit create new files at regular intervals during recording without interruption.
- Compact, a lightweight audio recorder that can be attached directly to a dynamic microphone with an XLR connector
- Records to microSD/microSDHC card (up to 32 GB)
- Mono/poly recording at 44.1/48 kHz sample rate and 16/24-bit resolution
- BWF-compatible WAV format allows the inclusion of time information within audio files
- Recording and playback of MP3 format files
- Sampling rate: 44.1/48 kHz, resolution: 16/24 bits
- Bit rate: 128/192 kbit/s (recording), 32–320 kbit/s (playback)
- The dual recording function allows two files to be recorded simultaneously at different levels to provide a safety track in case of distortion (level reduction for secondary recording selectable –6/–12 dB)
- The recording level can be set to High/Mid/Low
- AGC function (Auto Gain Control)
- Switchable limiter to prevent clipping
- A switchable low-cut filter conveniently reduces low-frequency noise
- Time track increment function
- Playback function for checking recordings via headphones
- Headphones output
- A warning sound can be output, when the unit is low on battery, low on recording space or when recording cannot be started
- Built-in clock for storing time information with recordings
- Fastening mechanism for a stable joint between the recorder and the microphone
- OLED display with great visibility
- Micro USB-B connector for easy data transfer with a computer
- Power supply through one AAA battery/rechargeable or USB connection
- Settings can be created in a text file on a computer and transferred to the DR-10X via USB
- Firmware update possible using the microSD card
TRU Price Guarantee
(Subject to conditions)
Call for Price