The Belar SCMA-1 Digital FM SCA Modulation Monitor and Analyzer is a state-of-the-art device based on digital signal processing (DSP) technology, designed to work in conjunction with the Belar FMMA-1 or FMM-2 Modulation Monitor, or any other source of wideband composite signals. This precision SCA monitor brings several advantages over analog designs, ensuring stability, accuracy, and flexibility in subcarrier signal analysis.
- DSP-Based Design:
- Utilizes digital signal processing techniques for subcarrier signal analysis.
- Immune to variations due to temperature, component aging, or tolerances, resulting in a stable and precise circuit.
- No Adjustments Required:
- The DSP-based design eliminates the need for adjustments.
- Achieves extremely tight tolerances without manual tuning, contributing to ease of use.
- Variable Bandwidth Filters:
- Incorporates FIR linear phase filters with variable bandwidth.
- Allows users to optimize subcarrier Band-Pass Filter (BPF) and detector Low-Pass Filter (LPF) cutoff frequencies based on specific SCA modulation schemes.
- Common System Clock Synthesis:
- Eliminates the need for separate crystal oscillators for each subcarrier frequency.
- Synthesizes all available frequencies from a common system clock, streamlining the system design.
- DSP-Based Metering and Measurement Functions:
- Implements all metering and measurement functions using DSP processing.
- Calibration does not depend on adjustable circuit components or their tolerances, ensuring long-term stability.
- Remote Monitoring Capability:
- Enables remote monitoring of all readings using an IBM-compatible personal computer.
- Provides added convenience for users to access and analyze modulation peaks, injections, and dB readings.
The SCMA-1 stands out as a sophisticated SCA monitor, offering enhanced accuracy, stability, and flexibility in subcarrier signal analysis. Its DSP-based design and variable bandwidth filters contribute to precise measurement capabilities without the need for manual adjustments. With the ability to view readings remotely, it provides broadcasting professionals with a powerful tool for monitoring and analyzing SCA modulation schemes.