Telos VX Broadcast VoIP
VoIP (Voice over IP) Talkshow System
Telos VX Broadcast VoIP Phone System
Powerful, flexible, scalable.
VX is the world’s first VoIP (Voice over IP) talkshow system — a broadcast phone system that’s so powerful it can run all of the on-air phones for your entire plant, but economical enough for stations with just two or three studios. VX connects to traditional POTS and ISDN telephone lines via standard Telco gateways. But it also connects to VoIP-based PBX systems and SIP Trunking services to take advantage of low-cost Internet-delivered phone services.
VX also weds modern networking to the remarkable power of digital signal processing. VX uses Ethernet as its connection backbone, significantly cutting the cost of phone system installation, maintenance and cabling. Ethernet is a powerful, yet simple way to share phone lines among studios and connect system components. This also makes VX naturally scalable, capable of serving even the largest of facilities — while remaining surprisingly cost-effective for even single stations with more modest needs.
VX plugs right into Axia IP-Audio networks, connecting multiple channels of audio and control via a single CAT-5 cable. Don’t have an IP-Audio network yet? No problem; optional VX interfaces break out audio into analog and digital formats, along with GPIO logic commands. And with informative new VSet phones, talent finds it easier than ever to take control of their callers, moving and sharing lines between studios at the touch of a button.
- Includes support for AES67, giving broadcasters added flexibility of integrating VXs into any AES67 network and compatible SMPTE 2110-30 networks, in addition to Livewire networks.
- HTML-5 control via Pathfinder Core PRO.
- SIP call-handling throughout—no internal conversion to analog call handling like some other so-called “VoIP” systems.
- Works directly with hosted VoIP or PBX services, and in conjunction with a PBX may support POTS, T1/E1, and ISDN BRI for maximum flexibility and cost savings.*
- Standards-based SIP interface integrates with all modern VoIP-based PBX systems to allow transfers, line-sharing, caller ID, and common telco services for business and studio phones.
- Standard Ethernet backbone provides a common transport path for both studio audio and telecom needs, resulting in cost savings and simplified studio infrastructure. Connection to hundreds of control devices (software or hardware) is possible.
- Each call receives a dedicated processing path for unmatched clarity and superior conferencing.
- Native Livewire® integration: One connection integrates caller audio, program-on-hold, mix-minus, and logic directly into Axia® AoIP consoles and networks.
- Connect VXs to any radio console or other broadcast equipment using available Telos Alliance AES/EBU, Mixed Signal, and GPIO xNodes. Audio interfaces feature 48 kHz sampling rate and studio-grade 24-bit A/D converters with 256x oversampling.
- Powerful dynamic line management enables instant reallocation of call-in lines to studios requiring increased capacity.
- VSet Call Controllers™ with full-color LCD displays and Telos Status Symbols™ present producers and talent with a rich graphical information display. Each VSet features its own address book and call log.
- The “Drop-in" VSet Call Controller™ modules can directly integrate VXs phone control into your mixing consoles.
- Clear, clean caller audio from fifth-generation Telos Adaptive Telephony technology, including Digital Dynamic EQ, AGC, adjustable caller ducking, and audio dynamics processing by Omnia®.
- Wideband acoustic echo cancellation eliminates open-speaker feedback.
- Support for the G.722 codec enables high-fidelity phone calls from iPhone and Android SIP softphones using a SIP server.
XScreen call-screening software from Broadcast Bionics, provided at no cost.
The first step to deploying VXs is ensuring you are using a compliant platform. A machine with the following specs can, at minimum, handle 64 simultaneous calls on-air, on handset, on hold, or any combination of the three:
BW Price Guarantee
(Subject to conditions)