Two-line POTS Telephone Hybrid
In the mid-1980s, Telos pioneered the very first digital adaptive telephone hybrid. Since then, our POTS phone hybrids have earned a worldwide reputation for extracting clean, clear caller audio from even the most difficult calls.
We’ve contributed plenty of improvements to POTS hybrid technology in the past 20 years, and the Telos Hx1 and Hx2 represent the highest state-of-the-art in hybrid performance. Advances in DSP have been pretty great as well. We’ve used every bit of knowledge gained to make Hx1 and Hx2 the best, most advanced POTS hybrids we’ve ever made, without much doubt.
Inside the single-hybrid Hx1 and dual-hybrid Hx2, you’ll find Telos processing technologies that take the POTS hybrid to a new level of consistently superior performance, regardless of telephone line characteristics. This advanced hybrid technology brings new standard features that sweeten and control caller audio better than ever before; features you won’t find in other POTS hybrids.
On the front panel, you’ll find EQ Meters for each hybrid, to tell you exactly how much DDEQ is being applied. Next to those, separate Send and Receive level meters monitor each hybrid. There’s also an animated line status display that visually indicates when a line is ringing in, on air, on hold or available. A complement of Take, Hold and Drop buttons complete the front-panel control set.
Telos® Hx1 one-line and Hx2 two-line POTS telephone hybrids are the most advanced hybrids ever developed for use with analog phone lines. Hx hybrids contain advanced 3rd-generation Telos hybrids for superior audio quality; universal POTS interface features disconnect-signal detection, which works with Telco providers worldwide. Hx hybrids include unique features to make operators’ lives easier, such as Auto-Answer with selectable ring count, a switchable mic/line input, call screening and line- hold features, and front-panel send and receive audio metering. Audio sweetening tools include Telos Digital Dynamic EQ (DDEQ) and adjustable smart leveler, symmetrical wide-range AGC and noise gating by Omnia®, studio adaption and pitch shifter for use in open-speaker applications, and adjustable caller override.
- Single (Hx1) or two-line (Hx2) capacity with standard analog I/O (1 each send and receive in/out for Hx1, 2 each for Hx2).
- Convenient switchable mic/line input.
- AES/EBU digital audio I/O option available at time of order, or as a field upgrade kit.
- Our most advanced digital POTS hybrids ever, with DSP algorithms optimized for superior performance with today’s wide variety of incoming call types.
- Front-panel send and receive audio metering.
- Telos DDEQ (Digital Dynamic EQ) and adjustable smart-level AGC ensure spectrally consistent audio from call to call — even on notoriously tough cellular callers.
- Excellent trans-hybrid loss of >55dB.
- Smooth, proven, symmetrical wide-range AGC by the audio processing experts at Omnia Audio.
- Studio adaptation and a subtle, inaudible pitch shifter to prevent feedback in open-speaker studio environments.
- Precision adjustable caller override.
- Analog I/O 24-bit A/D/A sample rate conversion, 20 dB headroom from +4 dBu nominal levels.
- AES/EBU I/O sample rate converters accept 32, 44.1, and 48 KHz rates. Clock for outputs may be sourced from the AES inputs or internally-generated at 48 KHz.
- Incredible dynamic range of > 92 db (analog in to analog out, studio loop mode, 10 hz – 20 khz A-weighted)
- Auto-Answer with selectable ring count and disconnect-signal detection.
- Call screening and line-hold features.
- Telos 3rd-generation Adaptive Digital Hybrid.
- Telos Exclusive Feedback Reduction Functions.
- Send-to-Caller Processing: High-pass Filter, Frequency Shifter, AGC/Limiter, Sample Rate Conversion (with AES option).
- Receive-From-Caller Processing: High-pass “Hum” Filter, Smart AGC / Platform Leveler, Noise Gate, Telos DDEQ (Digital Dynamic Equalization) 3-band Adaptive Spectral Processor, Sample Rate Conversion (with AES option)
- Send Analog Inputs: 1 for Hx1, 2 for Hx2 (one per hybrid)
- Connector : XLR Female, Pin 2 High (Active Balanced with RF Protection)
- Input Range: Selectable between MIC and LINE levels
- Line Input Level: Adjustable from -10dBV to +8 dBu (nominal)
- Analog Clip Point : +21 dBu
- Impedance: Bridging, > 50 Ohms
- Analog-to-Digital Converter Resolution: 24 bits
- Receive Analog Outputs: 1 for Hx1, 2 for Hx2 (one per hybrid)
- Connector: XLR Male, Pin 3 High (Active Balanced, RF suppressed
- Output Level: Nominal +4 dBu, fixed
- Impedance: < 50 Ohms
- Digital-to-Analog Converter Resolution: 24 bits
- Headroom Before Clipping: 20 dB headroom above 4 dBU nominal levels
AES3 Digital Inputs/Outputs (optional)
Plug-in module converts standard analog XLR inputs and outputs to AES3 (one input or output on left channel of AES stream)
- Conforms to AES3 standard
- Sample rates: 32kHz to 48kHz.
- Rate conversion: Input and output, independently selectable
- Output Clock: AES input or 48kHz internal.
- Input Level: Nominal at -20 dBFs.
- Output Level: Nominal at -20 dBFs
- Frequency Response: 200 to 3400 Hz, +/- 1 dB
- THD+N: < 0.5% THD+N using 1 KHz sine wave
- Dynamic Range: Analog in to Analog out, studio loop mode, 10Hz-20Khz. A-weighted: > 92 dB
- SNR: Analog output, referred to -12dBm phone line signal (+4dBu studio out), 10Hz-20Khz a-weighted: > 72 dB
- Trans-Hybrid Loss: Analog phone line with ducking, gate, AGC, EQ
- all OFF relative to +4dBu input level: >55 dB
Analog Telephone Line Connectivity
- Universal interface for worldwide application. Programmable loop current, ring signaling, and flash time. Includes caller ID decoding using Bellcore 212 modem standard.
- Type: Internal auto-ranging, 90–265 VAC auto-switching, 50–60 Hz.
- Power consumption: 100 Watts.
BW Price Guarantee
(Subject to conditions)