Digital I/O Analogue Radio Broadcast Mixer
Following on from the Sovereign range of audio mixers, the S2 modular mixer combines all the features needed of a radio broadcast mixer in a stylish, flush-mounting chassis. A wide range of input and output channels is offered, supporting essential features such as PFL/Cue, fader-start operation of equipment, automatic monitor muting on mic-live, remote outputs for switching warning lights and two main audio buses, with bus output selection on each module allowing the user to broadcast on the PGM bus while recording on the AUD bus. The S2 has both digital and analogue input channels, together with simultaneous analogue and digital outputs. Options include EQ and gram pre-amplifiers on input modules.
The S2 uses Crystal Semiconductor’s technology to allow input and output of digital audio signals up to 24-bit, 96kHz sample rate. The analogue signal paths use low-noise circuitry to provide excellent audio performance well capable of satisfying radio listeners worldwide. The high reliability and build quality of S2 minimizes the chance of failure, avoiding lost air-time. Each channel is individually checked twice before being assembled into the finished chassis and the whole unit is tested before shipping. ALPS long-throw 100mm faders give a smooth, repeatable response and the Neutrik XLR connectors used are industry-standard (Penny & Giles conductive plastic faders are also available to special order – contact Sales for details). The use of VCAs controlled by the faders ensures tight stereo-tracking and eliminates mechanical and electronic noise. A separate 2U power supply provides regulated, ripple-free power to the mixer and a separate S2 1U rackmount power supply switcher can be used to switch between two power supply units in the event of a failure. High-quality stainless steel is used for the chassis and screws to prevent corrosion in high humidity environments.
- The S2 chassis is available in 5 module width sections, allowing 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 module width mixers. This means S2 can be used for small newsrooms or large on-air situations.
- Modular “pop-up” input and output channels means that the mixer can be maintained simply and quickly. Hot-swappable input channels can be individually removed and repaired whilst still on-air.
- The angle of the meter bridge can be varied and set for the best viewing position.
- Any module can be in any position so that customising the mixer for your own purposes is easy.
- Large back-lit buttons allow you to see the status of the mixer at all times.
- The fitted rear panel hides all cable connections but can be simply unclipped and reclipped for maintenance.
- The modular design of the desk gives you the flexibility to expand it at a later date. You can even add another S2 mixer and link them together with a bus connector cable to allow for split desk configurations.
- The S2 uses the latest Crystal semiconductor technology to allow input and output of digital audio signals up to 24 bit, 96kHz sample rate.
- The analogue signal paths use low noise circuitry to provide superb audio performance well capable of satisfying radio listeners worldwide.
- The high reliability and build quality of S2 minimises the chance of failure, avoiding lost air-time. Each module is individually checked twice before being assembled into the finished chassis and the whole unit is tested before shipping.
- ALPS long-throw 100mm faders give a smooth, repeatable response and the XLR Neutrik connectors used are an industry standard.
- The use of VCAs controlled by the faders ensures tight stereo tracking and eliminates mechanical and electronic noise.
- S2 has a separate 2U power supply providing regulated, ripple-free power to the mixer. There is also an optional switcher to control 2 power supplies providing redundancy.
- High-quality stainless steel is used for the chassis and screws to prevent corrosion in high humidity environments.
- Each channel is metal-coated internally to provide exceptional EMC screening.
- Mic Input:> 1k5Ω electronically balanced
- Mono Line Input:> 20kΩ electronically balanced
- Stereo Line Input:> 20kΩ electronically balanced
- PGM & AUD Output:< 75Ω electronically balanced
- Mono Output:< 75Ω electronically balanced
- Monitor Outputs:< 75Ω unbalanced
- AES Input/Output:110Ω
- S/PDIF Input/Output:75Ω
- BNC Wordclock input:50Ω
Input/Output Gain Range
- Mic Input:Preset pot +13dB to +66dB ref -50dBu, TRIM pot ±12dB
- Mono Line Input:Preset pot -6dB to +10dB ref 0dBu, TRIM pot ±12dB
- Stereo Line Input:Preset pot -6dB to +10dB ref 0dBu, TRIM pot ±12dB
- Telco Input:Preset pot -6dB to +10dB ref 0dBu, TRIM pot ±12dB
- Telco Output:Preset pot -6dB to +4dB ref 0dBu
- Mix Minus Input:Preset pot -6dB to +10dB ref 0dBu, TRIM pot ±12dB
- Mix Minus Output:Preset pot -3dB to +3dB ref 0dBu
- Digital Input:0dBFS = +12dBu on input; TRIM pot ±12dB allowing 0dBu to +24dBu
- Digital Output:0dBFS = +18dBu
- Mic Input:40Hz to 20kHz, -1dB,+0dB (-3dB at 130Hz with HPF in)
- Line Inputs:20Hz to 20kHz, - 0.5dB,+0dB
- RIAA Input:30Hz to 16kHz ±1.5dB RIAA equalised
Noise (20Hz to 20kHz)
- Mic Input E.I.N.:-129dB with 150Ω source
- Stereo Inputs (fader down, no routing):-89dB ref 0dB
- Stereo Inputs (fader down, one channel routed):-89dB
- Stereo Inputs (unity gain, no routing):-89dB
- Stereo Inputs (unity gain, one channel routed):-86dB
- Stereo Inputs (unity gain, two channels routed):-83dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion:0.015% at 1kHz, 0dB
- 0.025% at 10kHz, 0dB
- Inter-channel:< -90dBu
- Stereo:-90dBu at 1kHz
- LF Shelving at 100Hz:±7dB
- HF Shelving at 6.5kHz:±7dB
- Pan Range:off/-3dB centre/off
- Balance Range:±6dB
Common Mode Rejection Ratio
- Mic Input:> 100dB at 70dB gain
- Sync Input Sample Rate:30kHz - 100kHz
- Output Sample Rates (Using Onboard Clock):32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, & 96kHz
- Output Sample Width:16, 20, 24 bit (24 bit on V2 ODA/ODP)
- Headphone Output Load:>45Ω, 400Ω recommended
- Maximum Output (Analogue):+26dBu balanced into 2kΩ or greater
- Power (S2-PSU):Filtered IEC, switchable 115V, 230V, fused, 210W max.
- Dimensions (S2-PSU):48cm (W) x 24.3cm (D) x 8.8cm (H)
- (Raw):19” (W) x 10” (D) x 3.5” (H)
- Dimensions (S2-PSU):51cm (W) x 41.5cm (D) x 17cm (H)
- (Boxed):20” (W) x 16.3” (D) x 6.7” (H)
- Weight (S2-PSU):Nett: 6kg Gross: 7.8kg
- Nett: 13.2lbs Gross: 17lbs
- Dimensions (S2-PSUS):48cm (W) x 23cm (D) x 4.4cm (H)
- (Raw):19” (W) x 9” (D) x 1.7” (H)
- Dimensions (S2-PSUS):55cm (W) x 39.3cm (D) x 8.5cm (H)
- (Boxed):21.6” (W) x 15.5” (D) x 3.4” (H)
- Weight (S2-PSUS):Nett: 1.58kg Gross: 2kg
- Nett: 3.5lbs Gross: 4.4lbs
TRU Price Guarantee
(Subject to conditions)