Orban OPTIMOD 8700i LT
FM, Digital Radio & Streaming Processor
The brand-new Orban OPTIMOD 8700i LT convinces with the sophisticated audio processing of our flagship 8700i in combination with an outstanding price
OPTIMOD 8700i LT is a light version of Orban’s flagship audio processor OPTIMOD 8700i. It offers the same versatile five-band and two-band audio processing for both analog FM transmission and digital media (DAB+/HD Radio/Streaming) as the 8700i.
The OPTIMOD 8700i LT Audio Processor has exclusive features such as the Multipath Mitigator phase corrector which reduces multipath distortion without compromising the stereo separation and the Subharmonic Synthesizer which allows you to add modern-sounding bass punch to older recordings. It also includes Orban’s MX limiter technology which lowers distortion, improves transient punch, and minimizes preemphasis-induced high frequency loss. Further outstanding features are monitored and alarmed dual redundant power supplies as well as safety bypass relays for carefree 24/7 operation. Of course, a digital MPX output is also available as well as a 10 MHz clock input.
- Audio Processor Quick Setup This features provides a guided, systematic procedure for setting up the 8700i LT.
- Factory Presets & LESS-MORE Control The OPTIMOD 8700i LT comes with a variety of factory presets which you can use as basis to create your own signature sound. Orban is happy to help you find the perfect setup for your station.
- Subharmonic Synthesizer The Subharmonic Synthesizer creates energy one octave below program energy in the range of 50-90 Hz when such energy is not present at the input and when music is detected. It adds punch and slam to older material while retaining musicality.
- “Multipath Mitigator” Left/Right Phase Skew Correction The phase skew corrector maximizes both FM and Digital Radio processing paths for the quality of a mono mixdown or blend that might occur in a receiver or player device.
- “True Peak” Control ”True Peak” Control is available for the digital radio processing with an accuracy of better than 0.5 dB. For typical program material, accuracy is 0.2 dB
- ITU BS-412 Multiplex Power Control An improved BS-412 Multiplex Power Controller provides a new user-adjustable, program-adaptive algorithm to make operation smoother and more subtle.
- ITU-R BS.1770-4 Loudness Control Loudness Control is available for digital radio and analog radio processing chains in countries that enforce a BS.1770 loudness limit on digital and/or analog radio broadcasts.
- Composite Limiter/Clipper A patented “Half-Cosine Interpolation” composite limiter providing excellent spectral protection of the pilot tone and SCAs (including RDS). If you prefer the sound of conventional composite clipping, we also offer a defeatable composite clipper with spectral protection for the pilot tone and subcarriers. The composite clipper drives the composite limiter, which serves as an overshoot compensator for the composite clipper when it is active.
- SSB Stereo Encoder Operation Allows its stereo encoder’s stereo subchannel modulator to operate in an experimental compatible single sideband/vestigial sideband mode. In SSB mode, the sub-channel modulator acts as a pure SSB generator for L–R material in the frequency range of 150 Hz to 17 kHz and as a vestigial sideband generator below 150 Hz.
- Low-Delay DJ Monitor Output The MX limiter, Multipath Mitigator, and subharmonic synthesizer add delay that makes it impractical for talent to monitor all of the processing structures off-air with headphones. A new, dedicated headphone monitor chain (with about 6 ms delay) provides a full five-band FM processor that lets you dial in your preferred amount of “FM clipper sound.”
- Digital MPX The 384/192 kHz AES3 digital composite output that is compatible and interoperable with the 192 kHz standard being implemented by several transmitter manufacturers.
- 10 MHz Reference Input A 10 MHz reference input allows the stereo pilot tone frequency and digital composite output sample rate to be locked to a 10 MHz reference signal (like GPS), facilitating single-frequency-network (SFN) and near-single-frequency-network (N-SFN) operation.
- Safety Bypass Relays Analog and AES3 digital inputs and outputs have hard-wire safety bypass relays in case of hardware or power failures.
- Dual Power Supplies The 8700i LT’s dual power supplies with independent AC line inputs provide redundant operation to ensuring maximum uptime. Both power supplies are monitored permanently and, in case of failure, an alarm is generated.
- RDS Built-in full-featured RDS/RBDS generator that supports static and dynamic RDS value
- Bypass Test Mode and Tone Generator A Bypass Test Mode can be invoked locally, by remote control or by automation to perform a broadcast system test or to compare easily original and processed sound. A built-in line-up tone generator facilitates quick and accurate level setting.
- SNMP Support The SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) feature allows you to monitor your OPTIMOD’s status and to send alarm notifications via your OPTIMOD’s Ethernet connection to your network.
- Remote Control or front panel operation You can operate and configure the 8700i LT comfortably via the supplied Windows PC Software using your local network or the Internet. Alternatively all functionalities are also available via the front panel with its colored display.
TRU Price Guarantee
(Subject to conditions)