Inovonics INOmini 223
Multimode Audio Processor
The Inovonics INOmini 223 is an audio processing powerhouse in a deceptively small package. Its versatile DSP-based design is user-programmable to serve multiple broadcast applications without compromising any single one. The unit addresses the needs of NRSC-compliant AM broadcasting with a range of cutoff frequencies, TIS (Traveler’s Information Service) advisories, monaural LPFM transmission, and analog SCA sub-carriers. A full-range ‘Studio’ mode satisfies mic processing and general production needs. The INOmini 223 features gated and windowed gain-riding AGC, 3 bands of adjustable dynamic range compression with selectable crossovers and variable EQ, and tight ‘look ahead’ peak control. Pre-emphasis, with its own protection limiting, and overshoot-controlled output filtering are individually and specifically tailored to the service selected.
- Ideal for: US/NRSC AM, Worldwide AM, Shortwave, US/Euro Monaural FM, TIS, and analog SCA.
- Easy menu / jog-wheel setup from the front panel.
- Performs AGC, 3-Band Compression, Peak Control, and Output Filtering specific to the selected application.
- User-adjustable compression, EQ, limiting, and program density.
- DSP ‘lookahead’ limiting offers tight peak control without clipping.
- USB connector enables fast firmware updates in the field.
- Headphone jack
- Operating Modes:NRSC-compliant asymmetrical AM processing with 10kHz, 9kHz, 7kHz, and 5kHz (9-pole Cauer) cutoffs.
- TIS asymmetrical AM processing with 5kHz (9-pole Cauer) cutoff.
- FM processing (monaural) with 75μs/50μs pre-emphasis and 15kHz (7-pole Cauer) cutoff.
- SCA processing with smooth 5kHz (6th order Butterworth) cutoff.
- Frequency Response:20Hz – 20kHz, ±0.1dB in PROOF and Studio modes; all specialized applications conform to specified cutoff characteristics.
- Distortion:0.02% THD in PROOF mode.
- Signal-to-Noise:Better than 72dB below the limited ceiling level measured through an appropriate de-emphasis network.b>
- Program Line Input:Active-balanced (XLR) analog input, accepts nominal line levels between –20dBu and +20dBu.
- Program Line Output:Active-balanced (XLR) delivers output levels between –15dBu and +12dBu corresponding to 100% modulation; 200-ohm resistive source. A switch under the top cover inserts a 20dB pad in the output for transmitters requiring a low level input.
- Latency:3.5ms – 4.5ms, depending on selected application.
- Headphone Jack:Front-panel (TRS) 3.5mm.
- USB Port:Front-panel connection for firmware updates.
- Metering:Input / Output / AGC Gain / Compression / Limiting
- Alarms:Flashing front-panel indication of audio loss and AGC out-of-range.
- Power Requirement:12VDC at 200mA (2.1mm x 5.5mm coaxial); inline switchmode power supply included.
- Mounting Options:An optional rack adapter mounts one, two, or three INOmini format units in a standard 19-inch, 1U rack space.
- Size and Weight:1.6”H x 5.5”W x 5.5”D 4 lbs. shipping weight
TRU Price Guarantee
(Subject to conditions)