Inovonics AARON 650
The Inovonics AARON 650 is our totally-new FM rebroadcast/translator receiver, built to handle the most challenging reception scenarios. Boasting sensitivity and selectivity superior to even the most elite professional or consumer receivers, AARON 650 combines premium features with unparalleled receiver performance.
AARON operates in either a composite pass-through or composite-regeneration mode. Composite pass-through eliminates retransmission delay (latency), and composite-regeneration lends the ability to completely reconstruct your baseband signal for reduced noise, even altering RDS messaging prior to rebroadcast.
The back panel provides dual Antenna inputs, dual Composite outputs, Balanced Analog and AES-digital audio outputs, and remote IP access. Rear-panel and self-logging alarms constantly check for Audio Loss, RF Loss, and RDS Loss (or ‘hijacking’). Online notifications can alert personnel with e-mail or instant text messages when any of the alarms occur.
The front panel displays left and right audio metering, local LED alarms and has an LCD screen with jog wheel for advanced control and editing of all operating parameters. Failover audio backup is provided via a front-panel SD Card or web-stream should your signal go down.
AARON 650’s “responsive” web interface allows complete setup, listening, logging and control of the unit from your PC, tablet or smartphone, and reliable 2-way connectivity is ensured with a built-in Dynamic DNS utility. Advanced off-air metering tools include an FM BandScanner and FFT of the MPX region. Reception bandwidth, auto-blending and many other receiver parameters are controlled via manual or automatic reception processing.
- Unparalleled DSP-based receiver performance.
- Composite Pass-Through and Baseband Regeneration modes.
- Dual Antenna Inputs (N connectors) and Dual Composite Outs (independently adjustable), Balanced Analog and AES-Digital Program Line outputs.
- Active reception processing for Bandwidth, Stereo Blend, HF Blending and more.
- Extended FM band tuning range: 64MHz to 108MHz.
- Advanced metering includes an FFT Spectrum Analyzer for the MPX, Left/Right XY plots and audio levels over time.
- BandScanner for onsite RF Spectrum Analysis.
- Local alarm tallies plus self-logging alarms constantly check for Audio Loss, RF Loss and RDS Loss.
- RDS messaging can be modified in Stereo Regeneration Mode.
- Failover audio backup via SD Card and web-stream audio.
- Remote control web interface with listening, plus email and SMS alarm notifications.
- SNMP remote monitoring and control.
- Includes "N" to "F" antenna adapter.
- GENERAL PERFORMANCE
- Tuning Range:Extended FM band: 65.0MHz–108.0MHz
- Sensitivity/Noise Performance:Unweighted monaural SNR for AES Digital and L/R Analog line outputs referenced to ±75kHz carrier deviation at specified RF input levels: >82dB Digital, >80dB Analog at 60dBμv
- >78dB Digital, >76dB Analog at 40dBμv
- >60dB Digital/Analog at 20dBμv
- >50dB Digital/Analog at 10dBμv
- >43dB Digital/Analog at 0dBμv
- Selectivity:Selectable IF bandwidths: 311kHz, 287kHz, 254kHz, 236kHz, 217kHz, 200kHz, 184kHz, 168kHz, 151kHz, 133kHz, 114kHz,97kHz, 84kHz, 72kHz, 64kHz and 56kHz
- Frequency Response:Composite/MPX Output (pass-through): ±0.5dB, 20Hz–100kHz
- AES Digital & L/R Analog Line Outputs: >±0.2dB, 20Hz–15kHz
- Stereo Separation (at 1kHz):Composite/MPX Output: >45dB in pass-through mode; >50dB in MPX-regeneration mode.
- AES Digital & L/R Analog Line Outputs: >50dB
- Program Signal Latency (Delay):Composite/MPX Output: <250μs in pass-through mode; <2.4ms in MPX-regeneration mode.
- AES Digital & L/R Analog Line Outputs: <2.4ms
- Regional Settings:Tuning Steps: 200kHz, 100kHz or 10kHz
- De-Emphasis (Line Outputs): 75μs or 50μs
- Radio Data System: RBDS or RDS
- REAR-PANEL APPOINTMENTS
- Antenna Inputs:Either of the two 50-ohm (N) inputs may be assigned to any station preset.
- Digital Line Output:The AES3 (XLR) 24-bit stereo output may be adjusted between –30dBFS and 0dBFS, corresponding to ±75kHz carrier deviation, with or without de-emphasis. The output sampling rate may be set to 32kHz, 44.1kHz or 48kHz.
- Analog Line Outputs:Active balanced (XLR) outputs are adjustable between –20dBu and +18dBu (+15.5dBm), corresponding to ±75kHz carrier deviation, with or without de- emphasis. Source impedance is 200 ohms.
- Composite/MPX Outputs:Two unbalanced (BNC) outputs are independently adjustable between 1V p-p and 6V p-p, corresponding to ±75kHz carrier deviation. Source impedance is 75 ohms.
- USB Port:Delivers raw RDS data for analysis.
- Network Port:An RJ45 jack accepts TCP/IP network con- nections for remote setup and operation of the AARON 650.
- Headphone Jack (Front Panel):A quarter-inch (TRS) headphone jack mon- itors the off-air program signal. Head- phone volume is a menu item.
- FAILOVER AUDIO PROTECTION:Upon loss of the incoming carrier, loss of program audio, or RDS ‘hijacking,’ the off- air program may be replaced either with pre-recorded material on a plug-in SD card or a Web-streamed audio feed.
- AUDIO PROCESSING FEATURES:In either the pass-through or MPX regeneration modes, up to 3dB of composite clipping may be engaged to better define the FM deviation limit. The 19kHz stereo pilot and the 57kHz RDS subcarrier are stripped, filtered and reinserted after the clipper.
- THE USER INTERFACE
- Front-Panel:A front-panel graphic display and jog wheel allow easy, menu-guided in-situ, set- up and operation of the AARON 650. LED “VU” meters display L/R program audio levels.
- Software Control:The IP network port enables complete remote setup and operation of the AARON 650 over a local network or the Internet using any Desktop, tablet or mobile browser.
- SNMP:SNMP remote monitoring supported.
- Test Tone Generator:20Hz – 20kHz; 60dB attenuator.
- AC Mains Requirements:90–130VAC or 200–255VAC, 50/60Hz; 5W.
- Size:H: 1¾in/44mm, W: 19in/483mm, D: 9½in/240mm (1U).
- Weight:9lb/4kg (net), 12lbs/5.4kg (shipping).
- Environmental:Continuous operation guaranteed at ambi- ent temperatures between 32°F/0°C and 122°F/50°C; 0-95% relative humidity, non- condensing; altitudes to 10,000ft/ 3048m.
BW Price Guarantee
(Subject to conditions)