Single Commentators Box With Three Talkback Circuits
The Glensound GS-CU008/C is a popular general purpose mic and headphone interface. It’s flexibility has resulted in various custom designs with multiple mic inputs, or multiple monitoring inputs. These options can interface with wireless systems, or be used for audio description.
The front panel input is transformer balanced at microphone level with a selectable 48v phantom power switch. A small pot is on the front panel for adjusting gain control, and the mic on/off switch can also be set to act as a cough switch. For optimising the voice input, a band pass filter is used.
There is a single transformer balanced programme output. The output level is configurable by a three position selector switch which would typically be used with the compressor / limiter active above 0dB. The limiter can also be turned off for a 0dB output. If the compressor / limiter is not required, but more headroom is, the user can select a -10dB output without compressor/limiter. There are three talkback circuits with top panel push buttons and rear panel XLR outputs. Talkback buttons feature Config+ and can be configured as either lazy or momentary.
There are three audio inputs with a variable pot for headphone monitoring for a single commentator, with a control for adjusting sidetone level in the headphones. All pots have left/both/right headphone switching so to adjust any input to either side of the headphones. The operator has a single 6.35mm headphone socket. There is a 7 segment LED PPM meter.
Internal switch mode power supply 90-240v AC. An external power input is also provided on a 4 pin XLR 10-18v DC.
- Single mic input with selectable 48v phantom power
- Band pass filter optimised for voice
- Transformer balanced inputs and outputs
- Output level feature limiter on/off, or extra headroom mode
- Three talkback circuits
- Talkback circuits features Config+
- LED PPM meter with 7 segments
- Commentator's headphone output on 6.35mm jack socket (A or B gauge)
- Headphone inputs have level control and left/right/both switching
- Commentator side tone level control
- Size: 190 x 92 x 222 mm (w x h x d)
BW Price Guarantee
(Subject to conditions)