Elenos N+1 System
N+1: Cost Effective Automated Transmitter Backup
The Elenos N+1 systems are a line of Elenos products that includes different versions of N +1 exchange systems for FM transmitters, in response to the needs of both private radios and international broadcasting companies.
Through the ECOS systems, there is a possibility to ensure more transmissions simultaneously and continuous operation in a single location, with uniform configuration and reduced weight/dimensions.
It provides the optimal solution for remote, unattended locations, in critical environmental and climatic conditions: the right choice for those that cannot or will not provide immediate maintenance. If you have an Elenos system, you do not need an N +1 custom system!
This device is activated when one of the transmitters is at fault and manages the process of switching the RF signal, the audio signal and the MPX signal, in order to activate the substitution transmitter to replace the one out of service.
ECHOS6 provides MPX auxiliary channels, sufficient when the system transmitters are powered exclusively by MPX signal. If even one transmitter of the system requires an audio signal (Left and Right) or RDS, the is completed with AUDIO/MPX MATRIX. device
The AUDIO MATRIX module is entrusted with the switching of the audio signal, which takes place by means of an array of electromechanical relays. It is also available in the MPX MATRIX version, which varies based on the different types of connectors (BNC instead of XLR). There is also an antenna relay system that interfaces through standard connectors to the ECHOS6 unit.
The N +1 systems can be installed without opening the rack, as they are supplied fully wired inside, with the I/O connectors positioned on the outer panel. They are equipped with fans in order to bring together the exhaust air out of the rack. The system is “closed” as far as the interference and location issues are concerned, with ad hoc expedients for the best functionality and reliability during the operation. Thanks to the remote control, it is possible to receive data and to send orders to the transmitters and to the exchange unit throughout all the modern communication channels: SMS, GPRS, WEB, SNMP.
- Configurable from N = 1 (1+1 HSBY) or N+1 where N = 2-6.
- Ability to assign different priority levels for the use of the standby transmitter.
- The operation can be executed in local or remote mode, and either in automatic or manual settings.
- User-programmable timer for triggering events.
- Configurable Switch Timing.
- Ability to use transmitters of many different brands different from Elenos (please check for certified models).
- The system is delivered ready to be programmed and operated.
- The installation does not require a special setup at the location.
- Front panel with summary LEDs/Buttons/Control and OLED display, for immediate and intuitive control of the system status.
- Immediate control of the most important operating parameters with direct access throughout buttons.
- “Reset” button for a quick recovery of the original system configuration.
- Maximum switching speed (less than 2 seconds to perform the switching).
- Remote control through a standard parallel interface (TLC/TLS), IEE485/RS232, TCP/IP.
- Web server and SNMP protocol.
- SMS sending (external GPRS/3G/4G modem).
- Opto-isolated inputs and outputs to dry contact relays with separate and electrically isolated power supply.
- Set configuration maintained in case of failure.
- Intelligent switching management in the event of a power failure during the execution of exchange transactions.
TRU Price Guarantee
(Subject to conditions)