FM Exciter / Transmitter
The Eddystone XE150 Uses wideband design techniques means that frequency setting is easily achieved from soft keys on the front panel with no further tuning required. The frequency can also be remotely controlled via the RS232 or TCP/IP ports on the rear of the unit. The XE150 uses a unique ultra-linear modulator to give superb sound reproduction with freedom from overshoots and artefacts. The modulator also features a precision TCXO for exceptional frequency stability.
It will operate into any load without damage thanks to its VSWR cut back circuit that protects the power amplifier stage from adverse operating conditions. The XE150 front panel LCD metering shows forward and reflected power together with internal voltages, temperature and the modulation level. Quick view LED’s show advanced status information including CPU OK, system normal, modulation status and external mute. The PA section also has LED’s which show forward, reverse, temperature and CPU status. The addition of the unique modulation alarm gives broadcasters alarm status outputs and indications that will show loss of audio or over modulation.
A front panel monitor point for RF output is provided, as is a fully buffered baseband monitor for accurate monitoring of the modulator input. The rear panel includes a remote control/monitoring socket that allows carrier muting and status signalling to an external system, additionally, data sockets are provided for use with systems that have the ability to control exciters via RS232 or TCP/IP. The XE150 is fully compatible with N+1 systems, with remote frequency selection being achieved by either RS232/TCPIP interface or rear panel logic selection of up to 6 preset frequencies. Very conservatively rated components and a switch-mode power supply are used to ensure extremely high reliability and to give good efficiency. A comprehensive range of input options is available.
- Frequency range:87.5 to 108MHz in 50kHz steps
- Frequency stability:< ± 200Hz
- Power output:1 – 150W
- Harmonic & spurious output:< -70dBc (30MHz to 1GHz)
- Spurious outputs:< -100dBc (87.5MHz to 137MHz @ fc± 0.5MHz)
- AM noise:< 0.5% @ ± 40kHz deviation
- Input sensitivity:+ 8dBu (adjustable) for ± 75kHz deviation
- MPX response:< ± 0.5dB (5Hz – 100kHz)
- AF THD (multiplex version):< 0.15% @ ± 75kHz deviation
- Power supply (AC):100/115/230V ± 10%, 50/60Hz
- Power consumption:< 150VA
- Temperature (operating):-20C to 55C
- Humidity (operating):< 95% RH, non condensing
- Dimensions:132mm high (3U) x 443mm wide x 315mm deep (inc. heatsink & connectors)
- Warranty:5 Years
TRU Price Guarantee
(Subject to conditions)