D&R AIRCAST 7-STD
Automation & Playout Software
D&R AIRCAST 7-STD
Aircast 7.0 (the newest version) is built around a reliable, fully customizable playout engine, with automation and live assist mode, a skinnable user interface, a built-in, touch-screen friendly, multi-tab cart wall, and Voice-Tracking support.
DR AIRCAST 7-STD features a Playlist, Cartwall, Cue Editor, Mix editor, events, screen objects and file logging. Voice Tracking, mixdown and scripting are standard. Aircast 7.0 is a lightweight, full-featured radio automation system for Microsoft Windows.
It is targeted at small and medium-sized stations and for both terrestrial and Internet-based broadcasts. It offers features often only found in some high-priced, high-end professional packages.
DR AIRCAST 7-STD was designed to be as flexible and customizable as possible. It works with standard PC hardware, supports virtually any sound card and offers an unbelievable smooth integration with our Webstation, Airlite, Airence, Airlab-DT, AXITE and AXUM mixers.
DR AIRCAST 7-STD is built around a reliable, fully customizable playout engine, with automation and live assist mode, skinnable user interface, a built-in, touch-screen friendly, multi-tab cartwall, and Voice-Tracking support.
It features a Playlist, Cartwall, Cue Editor, Mix editor, events, screen objects and file logging. Voice Tracking, mixdown and scripting are standard.
Database and Scheduling
Manage your audio files and playlist logs through Aircast Data Base, the built-in, network-enabled audio library (in version STD-DB).
It has built-in music scheduling, and can also import playlists from various 3rd-party scheduling software.
With its various built-in remote control options such as hotkeys, gamepad/joystick, I/O warrior, Midi, Velleman, Aircast integrates perfectly with your professional studio equipment.
Direct control of many functions by D&R’s own remote control protocol is also built in.
The built-in streaming encoder feeds Shoutcast and Icecast servers, even from server hardware with no physical audio devices.
Winamp and VST plugins can be used for sound processing. With the Multi Instance option, you can run dozens of playouts from the same machine.
DR AIRCAST 7-STD Package:
- This is the licence for 1 user.
- The user can locally (on his own PC) create a music database.
- The user can log on a PC that has an Aircast STD-DB licence and use the music that is stored on that PC.
- (same functionality as STD)
- The SERVER version of Aircast to allow other STD-licenses to connect with the Database of this
Also, the VT-licenses will work with this DB-version.
– User can remotely do Voice Tracking and log-on to
an Aircast STD-DB licence anywhere (LAN/WAN)
Playlist with Live Assist and Automation mode
The DR AIRCAST 7-STD playlist contains all audio files that are going to be broadcasted during your show.
These audio items are handled by the main players – either started manually (live assist mode) or automatically (automation mode).
You can toggle between these modes at any time.
The number of main players is configurable. In a live studio, you will usually want to have at least two players – each assigned to a separate sound card output connected to a separate fader strip on your mixing console.
DR AIRCAST 7-STD offers numerous features that make the presenters’ lives easier, helping them to produce a perfect show.
For example, fix times are supported in Automation mode, so items can be started automatically at given times.
The anticipated starting times of all items are calculated and displayed continuously for perfect back timing.
During the intro/ramp of a song, a large countdown is displayed.
Advanced Playout – Level 1
Stream and Line-In Rebroadcast
Using the “Stream” and “Live Feed” playlist items, you can rebroadcast Shoutcast/Icecast streams, or any audio signal coming in via the line input of your sound card.
Special playlist items
In addition to ordinary audio files, DR AIRCAST 7-STD supports a number of special items that can be added to the playlist, e.g. dummy items (non-playable items that can contain texts, notes etc.) and containers (virtual items that contain an arbitrary number of other items – useful for ad breaks that consist of multiple spots).
HTTP and SQL logging
In addition to log files on disk, information about played items can also be sent to an HTTP or SQL server in real-time, for example, to display the recently played songs on your website. If you’re running a Shoutcast or Icecast server, Aircast can update the title on the server, even if you do not use the mail list’s internal encoder.
Skinning and Custom Layout
The appearance of all elements in the playout window, and also their size and position in the main window, can be customized through skin and layout files. The integrated Layout Designer helps you to move the objects around.
The Cartwall can be used to play short jingles or other a udio elements.
The number of players/slots is Technically unlimited.
Cart pages can be saved as favourites and reopened as new tabs quickly.
Inside the tabs, you can use the Design Mode to rearrange and resize the items freely, and also work with custom colours for easier access.
The cartwall is designed to be touchscreen-friendly.
It can be displayed as part of the main window, or as a separate window, possibly on another monitor.
The graphical Cue Editor allows you to edit the cue markers (ramp, fade out, etc.) of any item quickly based on a waveform image of the audio.
Cue markers can be saved to file tags (selected file formats only) or metadata XML files for later use.
DirectSound, WASAPI, ASIO
DR AIRCAST 7-STD works with any DirectSound, WASAPI or ASIO compatible sound card (including virtual sound cards like Axia Livewire or Dante Virtual Sound card).
No need to spend hundreds of Euros for expensive pro audio hardware, even most budget cards will work out of the box.
All audio connections (player outputs etc.) can be routed freely to the available sound card inputs/outputs.
The stereo outputs of most multichannel sound cards (even cheap onboard 5.1 cards) can be used separately for the player output. Playback of multichannel audio (4.0, 5.1 and 7.1) is supported as well.
Powerful audio engine
DR AIRCAST 7-STD audio engine is built around the well-known and reliable BASS audio library.
The most common audio formats, including MP3, MP2, WAV, Ogg Vorbis, AAC and WMA, are supported out of the box. Additional formats (e.g. FLAC or Opus) can be added through free BASS add-ons.
DR AIRCAST 7-STD will work with your existing audio library and does not require you to recode any audio files.
You can even mix different file types when required.
Using the Mix Editor, you can easily set up segues between audio items using a multichannel waveform view.
The Mix Editor supports volume envelopes for voice tracking and is available in both the play-out module and the Aircast-DB Management application.
Using the Event Scheduler, you can execute arbitrary actions at scheduled times, e.g. insert news items or load the playlist for the next hour from an Aircast-DB.
This makes it very easy to set up a fully automated program.
Custom screen objects
Extended the main window by a variety of customizable screen objects, e.g. date/time display, countdowns, buttons that trigger commands or actions etc.
Log file output
You can create log files of all played items in any customizable format.
DR AIRCAST 7-STD comes with an English GUI, and an official German language file is included in the setup; other translations, e.g. French, are contributed and maintained by the community.
The Voice Track Recorder is also available in the database playlist editor, so you can record and insert voice tracks into any future playlist.
Advanced Playout – Level 2
Use the integrated Voice Track Recorder to record new voice tracks directly from the playout GUI and add them to the current playlist. DR AIRCAST 7-STD.
The mixdown function allows you to create a single audio file or a sequence of audio files, including tracks recorded in the Voice Track Recorder, based the segues defined in the Mix Editor or Cue Editor, accurate to the sample. DR AIRCAST 7-STD
- Playlist, Cartwall, Cue Editor, Mix Editor, events, screen objects, file logging
- Stream/line-in playback, special playlist items, layout/skin, HTTP/SQL logging
- Voice tracking, mixdown, scripting
- Built-in Shoutcast/Icecast compatible streaming encoder
- VST, Winamp DSP
- Database and Scheduling (standalone/local mode), music scheduling
- Ad scheduler, log import from 3rd party music/traffic schedulers, voice tracking.
- Use one STD-DB licence as the “server” (and playout) and multiple STD (non-DB) or VT licence as the clients.
- Hotkeys, gamepad/joystick, IO-Warrior, MIDI, Vellema.
- Remote Control for D&R products such as D&R WEBSTATION, AIRLITE, AIRENCE, AIRLAB DT, AXUM, AXITE.
- Remote Control for digital Broadcast Mixers - MambaNet only
Features within the new version 7.0
- Redesigned playlist GUI.
- WASAPI is now the default audio output method.
- DirectSound is still supported, but only in “application level mixing” mode with higher latency.
- Layout Designer: Screen Objects are now using IDs that indicate their type.
- DB: Scheduler: Attribute filters starting with ~ will now be regarded as regular expressions
- Built-in Dark Mode.
- Live skin editing.
- Redesigned Audio Routing configuration with improved identification/testing and built-in repair function when device IDs change after Windows updates.
- Built-in sine wave and pink noise generator; use Stream playlist items, enter URL as “sine: <freq>[,level[,samplerate]]" or “pink:[level]”.
- Redesigned System Log with automatic archiving function and built-in viewer.
- DB: Unified configuration interface for all network/SQL databases.
- DB: Built-in user and group management for local and SQL databases; no longer uses SQL roles for user management. Default login is the “admin” user with password “admin” which can be changed in the database connection properties. Additional users/groups are managed from the DB app Administration menu. DBServer application does not have a user database of its own any more, but uses the one from the database.
- DB: New “Inbox” button in DB app, will check a configurable folder for new audio files, then import and delete them.
- DB: Advertising: Ability to specify manual blocks (by date/hour/block) for campaigns, in addition to the weekly schedule WASAPI: New "Windows Default Device" setting; will automatically follow when you switch to a different device in Windows sound settings.
- WASAPI: Automatic recovery when devices are disconnected and reconnected.
- WASAPI: Newly connected devices can be used without restarting the software.
- DB: New “Auto-Repair” function in storage sync dialog.
- DB: Transitions: “Artist must match” option (used to schedule Station IDs)
- DB: Optimized SQL queries [*]
- DB: Database schema updated to 25
- New item type: Automatic File Container.
- New screen object: Web Browser (requires Edge and WebView2 runtimes).
- Sound processing can now be used on sound card output/input level.
- Redesigned progress dialogs.
- Various GUI fixups and improvements.
- ASIO: Simplified input/output channel configuration.
- Updated BASSmix to 18.104.22.168
- Updated Virtual Treeview to 7.6.1
- Re-implemented IOWarrior remote control based on hidapi.dll
- Re-implemented Ember+ Consumer remote control
BW Price Guarantee
(Subject to conditions)