8 Channel Broadcast Console
We designed the D R AIRMATE-8 to fulfil the requirements for a high grade radio production mixer.
This console is the reliable workhorse for the self-op production D.J. that needs an internal two Telephone Hybrid and USB connection to the PC (e.q. for streaming to the web).
A heavy duty 19″ rack mounted RF shielded chassis houses 8 vertical triple input modules, giving flexibility rarely found in a mixer of this type.
Six input channels with high quality balanced microphone inputs on XLR and two stereo line level inputs on Cinch (RCA) connectors. Every Mic input has an insert for signal processors.
And… every line level line B input can be converted into a phono (record player) channel by simply fitting an optional stereo R.I.A.A. equalized phono pre-amp.
The D R AIRMATE-8 model has 6 balanced mic inputs with +48 phantom with insert,
12 stereo line inputs, 2 USB and 2 Telephone Hybrids.
Channel 5 and 6 have Mic/Line and USB interface to transfer audio from and to your PC.
Channel 7 and 8 have, apart from the stereo line input, also RJ-11 connectors to interface with an old-fashioned POT and a Telephone appliance to dial the number you want to reach.
High-quality built-in Hybrids and direct Connection and Talkback buttons in the Hybrid channels make a conversation with listeners very easy.
With the Telco Send (level to the caller) and Telco Gain (level coming from the caller) all levels can be easily adjusted.
Fader start can be from the ON switch or FADER. Fader start also switches on ON-AIR lights.
There is a 3 band Equalizer on channel 1-6. The stereo Aux send can be set pre or post fader.
All mic inputs have low cut jumpers. A clean feed send is available for external analog and digital Hybrids.
On the back panel you can find two USB connectors to control your USB channels by your computer.
using D R AIRMATE-8 Very simple; your computer will see a new USB device when connecting the Airmate-8 on the moment you connect the unit to your computer.
It’s also possible to include VoIP channel(s) inside the Airmate-8 instead of the standard POT channels. In that case, you will get a USB connector on the place of the RJ11, so you can connect your VoIP channel by your computer with any VoIP software.
All in and output connections are on standard Jack / Cinch and XLR connectors.
We can offer an optional AES/EBU digital output on XLR’s.
The left XLR output carries the stereo AES digital output signal
and the right XLR is a stereo digital input.
The analog audio signal is always available on the 2 jacks above the left digital XLR output D R AIRMATE-8.
THIS OPTION MUST BE KNOWN TO US WHEN ORDERING.
RIAA Pre-Amp option
It’s also possible to add on all six channels of your Airmate-8 unit to our RIAA pre-amp board.
This will give you the option to connect the old fashion record player to the mixer, so good old times can come back to live on a new day piece of broadcast equipment.
These board can be purchased also on a later moment inside our web shop and are very simple to connect inside the mixer on one of the boards by yourself.
We now have dedicated VoIP channels available for the AIRMATE-8, or a combination of one TELCO module and one VoIP module.
If you still want to use a classic analogue or digital Hybrid, we have designed a clean feed output on pin 1-4 of the RJ11 connector.
You can return the Hybrid signal on the line input of the VoIP module.
THIS OPTION MUST BE KNOWN TO US WHEN ORDERING.
Bluetooth option in D R AIRMATE-8
It’s also possible to choose on Input module 7 and/or 8 a Bluetooth Hybrid module with line input.
This high-quality Telephone Hybrid Bluetooth V5.0 circuit connects you directly to a Bluetooth device and accepts Bluetooth calls and play/pause music directly on your D R AIRMATE-8 console.
On the back of each Bluetooth Hybrid/Line channel on the Airmate-8 unit (channel 7 & 8), you will find three connectors for the Bluetooth-Hybrid/Line modules, two unbalanced stereo line RCA Cinch connectors for connecting CD players, iPods or any play-back devices as long as they are line level equipment. For more info, click on the header button “Your Support” and download the Bluetooth manual.from our Downloads tab on this product above. D R AIRMATE-8
- The AIRMATE-USB is an 8 fader, 24 input triple input mixer, capable of accepting
- 6 balanced Mic inputs with 3 band EQ and inserts for voice processors.
- 12 stereo line inputs where every line B input can accept our RIAA pre-amp PCB to work with turntables.
- 2 USB stereo inputs (for radio playout systems, such as our AIRCAST).
- 2 Telephone Hybrids built-in with RJ 11 connectors for phones and landlines.
- Fader and On start on all 8 channels.
- ON-AIR light switching built-in.
- Built-in Talkback mic with routing to Clean-feed, Aux and/or Announcer outputs.
- Auto Control Room Monitor cut when in DJ mode.
- Mic inputs: balanced 2kOhm, XLR.
- Phantom:+48 volt.
- Noise:- 122 dBr (A-weighted).
- Sensitivity:- 70dB min, OdB max.
- Insert:Jack unbal. send 600 Ohm, -10dBV.
- Return:unbalanced 10kOhm -10dBv.
- Line inputs:unbal., 10kOhm, Cinch.
- Gain:range of 40dB.
- Phono inputs:unbal. 47kOhm, 5 mV.
- USB:2x Stereo in and 2x stereo Program out.
- Fully compliant with USB 2.0 playback and record mode. 2x Stereo in and main stereo left-right signal on both USB connectors
- 2 Track return:- 10 dBV at 10kOhm.
- Aux returns:- 10 dBv at 10kOhm stereo
- HID Function:Volume/Mute
- TELEPHONE HYBRIDS: RJ-11 connectors for phone line/dialler
- Mix Minus rejection @1kHz -30dB.
- Left/Right:+ 4 dBu bal. XLR.
- Monitor/Aux:+ 4dBu unbal. on Cinch.
- Cleanfeed/Announcer:+ 4dBu, Jacks.
- Tape outp:-10dBv, unbal. Cinch.
- Headphone:16-600 Ohm, Jack.
- Announcer:16-600 Ohm, Jack.
- USB out: Main program stereo signal
- High:+ / -12 dB at 12kHz shelving.
- Mid:+ / -12dB at 1 kHz bell curve.
- Low:+ / -12dB at 60 Hz bell curve.
- Frequency response:10 - 60.000Hz.
- Distortion:< 0.009% max at 1 kHz.
- Start switch: reed relay.
- Ledbars:21 segment.
- Power consumption:30VA
- Optional:AES-3 Program outputs.
- DIMENSIONS: Left-Right 19” rack mount (482mm width)
- Front-Back:356mm (8HE).
- Space below front panel:20mm for tabletop.
- Weight:11 kg.
BW Price Guarantee
(Subject to conditions)