Confidence Monitor, 2 LED Meters & 2 Analogue Stereo Inputs
Using the same outstanding speaker system as the Reference Monitor range, the confidence monitors offer a superb sound with a cut-down feature set. The confidence monitors have been designed to give the best possible performance at a reduced price:
The RM-CA2 is a 1U rack-mount unit offering quality loudspeaker monitoring and 2 channel metering of two stereo analogue audio sources. Input 1 has stereo balanced Neutrik™ XLRs and Input 2 has both stereo balanced Neutrik™ XLRs and stereo unbalanced RCA phono connectors. The balanced analogue inputs can be wired unbalanced if required.
Sources are selected via a front panel push-button switch, with clear LED indication of the current source.
A rear panel DIP switch setting allows the unit to monitor either:
- Stereo signals, with the two front panel control knobs acting as stereo volume and balance control, to alter the stereo imaging of the left and right channels, or
- Dual mono signals, with the two front panel control knobs acting as left and right volume controls.
There is a front panel headphone socket which responds to the volume controls
and the headphone socket automatically mutes the internal loudspeakers when a plug is inserted.
A pair of line-level analogue audio outputs follow the selected source at the selected level, or optionally at 10dB lower (if using the unbalanced input), set via rear-panel DIP switch.
The level of the chosen source is shown on an 8 segment LED bar-graph display with PPM and VU scales indicated. The bar-graph can optionally be lowered by 10dB (if using the unbalanced input), set via rear-panel DIP switch.
A single phase meter LED indicates channel correlation or phase error conditions.
The three-way loudspeaker system is fed via a DSP-based active crossover and a trio of highly efficient Class-D amplifiers. Careful attention to driver selection, materials and case design, plus active DSP equalisation, has ensured a flat response and outstanding reproduction from such a shallow unit. A protective limiter prevents damage to the loudspeakers under overload conditions
The RM-CA2 operates from global mains voltages (85-264V AC, 47-63Hz) without adjustment and can optionally be ordered with a DC 9V to 36V input instead of the AC input.
- Anti-vibration steel case.
- Sealed lid with foam cut-outs to dampen lid.
- Multipoint screw fixings ensure lid rigidity.
- Rear connector ports sealed with foam.
- Glue used on components which could move, or vibrate.
- Accurate 3-way speaker system.
- Two mid/high frequency speakers provide excellent stereo imaging.
- Separately driven, forward facing, dual magnet, mono bass driver.
- Custom-moulded, profiled, HF enclosures minimise standing waves.
- Acoustic damping in the HF enclosures reduces colouration.
- Separate, sealed, infinite-baffle enclosure for each driver.
- Magnetically shielded drivers so that the monitors are perfectly safe to use near CRTs and TFT displays.
- Separate, highly efficient class-D switching amplifier for each speaker.
- Short, even cable lengths to and from the speaker enclosures to reduce any potential microphonic induction.
- DSP based design allows better audio performance to be realised.
- Active crossover provides perfect separation between mid-range and bass sounds.
- A universal power supply ensures global voltage operation without adjustment.
- Optional DC power input.
Technical Specification For RM-CA2
|Audio Inputs||2 x stereo analogue (1 x XLR balanced,
1 x XLR balanced or RCA phono unbal)
|Max level (0dB input gain):||+18dBu (analogue)/0dBFS (digital)|
|Analogue input impedances:||XLR:>20 kΩ balanced bridging
RCA:>10 Ω unbalanced
|Input Gain:||+10dB on unbalanced input|
|Selection:||Front panel push button with indicator LEDs|
Line Level Outputs
|Audio Outputs:||1 x stereo analogue|
|Gain re Selected Input:||Unity or – 10dB (switchable)|
|Maximum Output Level:||+18dB|
|Output Impedance:||<50 Ω|
|Distortion:||<0.02% (1kHz, +8dBu output)|
|Noise:||-95dB RMS, unity gain ref
|Frequency Response:||20Hz-20kHz +0/-0.5dB|
|Analogue I/O, ref 0dBu
|Configuration:||Three-way with stereo mid/ high-frequency drivers & mono low-frequency driver|
|Power Output:||2 × 7W (HF) + 15W (LF) with protective limiter|
|Crossover:||250Hz (24dB/octave, Linkwitz-Riley)|
|Distortion (HF Outputs):||< 0.1% (1kHz, 3W output)|
|Distortion (LF Output):||< 0.01% (100Hz, 6W output)|
|Noise:||More than 102dB below full output|
|Volume:||Mute to full volume via front panel rotary control|
|Balance Trim:||±6dB via front panel rotary control|
|Peak Acoustic Level:||98dB SPL @ 2ft|
Level & Phase Metering
|Number:||2 x 8-segment LED bargraphs|
|Line-Up Level:||0dB on scale can be set to 0dB or -10dB via rear panel DIP switch|
|Phase Meter:||Single LED indication showing average|
|Audio Inputs:||4 x XLR 3-pin female balanced
2 x RCA female phono unbalanced
|Audio Outputs:||2 x XLR 3-pin male (balanced, may be unbalanced)|
|Headphones:||1/4” (6.35 mm) A-gauge 3-pole stereo jack socket|
|Mains Input:||Filtered 3-pin IEC male, continuously rated 85 – 264VAC, 47 – 63Hz, fused, 60W peak, 30W average|
|Fuse Rating:||Anti-surge fuse 2A 20 x 5 mm|
|RM-CA2:||Confidence Monitor, 2 LED meters, 2 Analogue stereo inputs|
|RM-CA2-DC:||Confidence Monitor, 2 LED meters, 2 Analogue stereo inputs, DC supply|
|Dimensions (Raw):||48 cm (W) x 27 cm (D) x 4.4 cm (H) (1U)
19” (W) x 12” (D) x 1.73” (H) (1U)
|Dimensions (Boxed):||57 cm (W) x 52 cm (D) x15cm (H)
22.4” (W) x 20.5” (D) x 5.9” (H)
|Weight:||Nett: 4.5 kg Gross: 6 kg
Nett: 10lb Gross: 13.2lb