The Digigram PYKO-IN is an affordable audio over IP encoder for a studio to transmitter link (STL), WEB radio, paging, background music, live announcements, intercom
The Digigram PYKO-in is a stereo IP audio encoder that can be used in two modes. One mode allows converting the analogue audio source into an IP audio stream sent to one or several destinations. Typical applications include STL, WEB radio encoding, background music, and paging. Combined with PYKO-out, PYKO-in is a cost-effective solution for establishing IP audio links. Another mode allows using PYKO-in as a mono encoder/decoder; typical applications include intercom over IP.
At a glance
The Digigram PYKO-in is a small form factor rack-mountable stereo IP audio encoder or mono IP audio codec, depending on the way it is configured. Used as a stereo encoder, it features two balanced analogue mono inputs. Used as a mono codec, it features one balanced analogue mono input and one mono balanced mono output. One of the inputs offers a microphone preamp with phantom power, which is useful when PYKO-in is used for the intercom. PYKO-in generates standard RTP streams in G711, PCM, or MPEG L3 audio format and allows for auxiliary data tunnelling (serial data and 4 GPI statuses).
- Stereo IP audio encoder, or mono encoder/decoder with mic preamp
- Standard RTP streaming
- WEB radio encoding: Icecast/Shoutcast, MPEG L3
- Control and monitoring through WEB pages, monitoring via SNMP
- Low price for an STL, or for a WEB radio encoder, but still with high audio quality
- No need for an external mic preamp for the intercom
- No need to be highly skilled to install and configure it