AudioScience ASI6685 PCI Express Livewire™ Sound Card
The AudioScience ASI6685 is a professional PCIe sound card designed for use in legacy Axia Livewire™ IP-audio based radio broadcast automation systems. It uses the legacy Axia Livewire protocol to record and play audio streams over a standard Ethernet network.
Providing up to 16 play streams that are mixed to 8 stereo outputs and up to 16 record streams fed from 8 stereo inputs, the ASI6685 features AudioScience’s unique “anything to anywhere” mixing and routing.
A choice of uncompressed PCM, MPEG layer 2, and MP3 is available for both recording and playback. All compression is handled by an on-board floating point DSP, allowing the host computer to focus on other tasks.
DSP based functionality includes MRX™ multi-rate mixing technology that allows streams of different sample-rates and formats to be mixed digitally. TSX™ time scaling allows compression/expansion of any or all playback streams in real time with no change in pitch.
For surround sound applications, SSX2 mode allows multichannel streams of up to 8 channels to be played, recorded and mixed.
- 4, 8, 12, or 16 streams of mono or stereo playback into 8 stereo Livewire streams
- 4, 8, or 16 streams of mono or stereo record from 8 stereo Livewire streams
- Formats include PCM, MPEG layer 2 and MP3 with sample rates from 8kHz to 96kHz
- MRX™ technology supports mixing of multiple formats and sample rates
- TSX time scaling by up to +/-20%
- Two SSX2™ streams for multichannel record and playback
- Short length PCI and PCI(e) card format (6.6 inches (16.76 cm)
- Up to 4 cards in one system
- Windows and Linux software drivers available