The RF-10e is a 10-channel receiver for FM and DAB+. It encodes the received audio signals for distribution as Audio over IP, MPEG-2 TS or DVB-ASI.
As a re-distribution encoder, it can serve a number of applications, such as audio transcoding in cable networks, re-encoding for Audio over IP (AoIP) and streaming.
Powerful Transport Stream gateway: The receiver is designed for a number of audio re-encoding and transcoding applications, providing multiple MPEG-2 Transport Streams via IP or ASI. It supports MPEG-1 Layer 2, MPEG-4 HE-AACv2 and Dolby Digital (optional) for distribution in DVB-C environments. Typical application areas are cable head-ends, but also in-house distribution and hospitality.
Multi-format audio streaming: The RF-10e is the perfect fit for streaming re-distribution and supports miscellaneous streaming protocols and transport formats for web streaming as well as for secure and reliable AoIP applications. Audio streams can be re-encoded in a variety of formats. Consequently, the RF-10e supports the well-known feature set of audio coding formats such as MPEG–1 Layer 2, MPEG–2 Layer 3, most AAC profiles including the new xHE-AAC and AAC-ELDv2, OPUS, Ogg Vorbis, PCM, Enhanced aptX, Dolby Digital plus (on request) and more.
Smart management: Configuration set-up via an easy-to-use web interface for general settings as well as for backup or fall back. For remote control, the codec offers various possibilities – HTTP, FTP, Telnet, NMS, SNMP. Real time monitoring is possible by the “Icecast Live Listening feature”. Perfect synchronization can be achieved by PTPv2 and latency control.
- Combined RF interfaces for DAB & FM reception
- Multiple, free programmable, freely combinable, and redundant outputs (2 IP ports, 2 ASI ports)
Audio coding – fitting to your needs
High quality multi-format audio encoding
- MPEG-1/2 Layer 1, 2, 3
- G.711, G.722, PCM
- Ogg Vorbis
- MPEG-2/4 AAC LC, HEv1 & v2
- MPEG-4 AAC LD/ELD/ELDv2
- Extended HE-AAC (xHE-AAC)
- Enhanced aptX (E-aptX)
- Optional: Dolby Digital Pro / E encoder supporting AC3, Dolby E, Dolby Digital (DD) and Dolby Digital Plus (DD+)
IP streaming (unicast, multiple unicast & multicast)
Rock solid network connection even in stress conditions according to standards RFC 3550, RFC 3551, RFC 3640, RFC 2250
- Professional audio IP streaming using UDP, RTP and SIP / SDP (standardized by EBU N / ACIP Tech 3326)
- PRO MPEG FEC, Dual streaming
- Optional: Livewire / Ravenna (SIP, SAP, RTSP, AES67)
- TS RTP, UDP and SRT streaming
- SRT Secure Reliable Transport
- Optional: Stream4Sure; 2wcom streaming technology with different codecs / qualities and seamless switching of up to 4 streams
- HLS, Icecast source client
Backup / advanced redundancy management
- Dual IP ports for data + 1 IP port for control interface
- Optional: redundant power supply 230 VAC or
- Remote control with various possibilities: HTTP/S, SFTP, Telnet, NMS, SNMP
- Revised configuration via web user interface for easier setup
- SNMP v2c / v3, relays, inputs