The IP-8i is an AES67 audio interface allowing broadcasters to convert their audio in AES/EBU (8 stereo channels) or Analogue (4 stereo channels) format to AES67 (RAVENNA, Livewire, Dante).
A total number of 8x RS232 inputs are available for transport of UECP/RDS/PAD data.
The IP-8i offers you a straightforward audio to AES67 interface, offering a variety of features and opportunities to ease your daily work.
Flexible in application: The encoder is designed for easy converting audio to AES67. In case of audio silence, the IP-8i can automatically switch to an (optional) Icecast/shoutcast stream or play files from the internal memory.
High compatibility: The IP-8i supports a wide range of protocols for streaming, control, and monitoring (e.g. AES67, Ravenna, Livewire, Dante PTPv2, SAP, Discovery, Bonjour, SNMP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, FTPS or Ember+ and more). Furthermore, the exchange of additional information like GPIO and ancillary data between the audio networks is possible.
Pay as you grow: All soft- and hardware components are individually combinable. The scalability from one to four audio channels using software licences gives you flexibility in planning your network and reducing your costs.
Transmission robustness: Dual Streaming and Pro-MPEG FEC ensure rock-solid IP transmission.
Two optional two internal or hot pluggable power supplies guarantees fail-safe operation.
Smart management: Configuration set-up via an easy-to-use web interface for general settings as well as for backup or fall back. For remote control, the codec offers various possibilities – HTTP, FTP, NMS, SNMP. Real time monitoring is possible by the optional “Icecast Live Listening feature”. Perfect synchronization can be achieved by PTPv2 and latency control.
Audio coding fitting to your needs
- High quality multi-format audio encoding
IP streaming (unicast, multiple unicast & multicast)
- Rock solid network connection even in stress conditions according to standards RFC 3550, RFC 3551, RFC 3640, RFC 2250
- Professional studio IP streaming using UDP and RTP
- Unicast, Multiple Unicast & Multicast
- PRO MPEG FEC
- Dual streaming
- AES67 Livewire, Ravenna, Dante (SAP, RTSP)
- SRT Secure Reliable Transport & RIST Reliable Internet Stream Transport
Backup / advanced redundancy management
- Dual IP ports for data + 1 IP port for control interface
- Optional: redundant power supply 90 – 260 VAC or 48 VDC
- Remote control with various possibilities: HTTP/S, FTP, Telnet, NMS, SNMP,
- Revised configuration via web user interface for easier setup
- Insertion of localized advertisement
- SNMP v2c/v3, relays, inputs
- Energy efficient 24/7 broadcast quality
- Embedded auxiliary data (RBDS/RDS or PAD) and GPIO forwarding
- Optional: Perfect network synchronization for SFN applications
- All parameters via SNMP v2c/v3 and relay
- Headphone output
- Icecast live listening
Advanced control functionalities
- HTTP/HTTPS: via web interface
- FTP: XML file control
- NMS: Control via centralized network management system
- Adjustable silence detection
- SNMP, alarm, source switch & event logging
Perfect audio quality
- Balanced analog and digital AES/EBU (integrated XLR-3 connector)
Advanced IP robustness functionalities
- Operates under stressful network conditions
- PRO MPEG FEC
- Management of packet size, buffer, and QoS