The 2WCOM IP-8e is a point to point or point to multipoint audio encoder using IP-based audio network technologies for real-time streaming. Based on the know-how of MM01 and MM08E and customer requirements, the IP-8e offers you a variety of features and opportunities to ease your daily work.
Flexible in application: The encoder is designed for studio-to-studio, studio-to-transmitter links and cross-media tasks. Even synchronization with microsecond accuracy is possible by an implemented latency control (useful for simultaneous signal output of all decoders of a network or for audio description). In addition, audio streams can be combined to multichannel streams. The Easy2connect feature provides operators as well as reporters with an easy-to-use connection establishment (SIP phonebook) while being in the field. Moreover, the IP-8e offers DVB-S/S2 multiplexing with program and service tables of up to 8 TS over UDP/IP tables or of up to 2 TS over ASI interface according to ETSI EN 300 468.
High compatibility: The IP-8e supports a wide range of protocols for streaming, control, and monitoring (e.g. EBU TECH 3326, AES67, Ravenna, Livewire+, Dante, SMPTE ST 2110, PTPv2, RTSP, SAP, SIP, Discovery, Bonjour, SNMP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, FTPS, or Ember+ and more). Furthermore, the exchange of additional information like GPIO and ancillary data between the audio networks is possible.
Pay as you grow: All soft- and hardware components are individually combinable. The scalability from one to four audio channels using software licences gives you flexibility in planning your network and reducing your costs.
Multi-format audio coding: Another advantage is the variety of possible algorithms like MPEG1 Layer 2, MPEG2 Layer 3, most AAC profiles including the new xHE-AAC and AAC-ELDv2, OPUS, Ogg Vorbis, PCM, Enhanced aptX, Dolby Digital plus (on request) and more.
Transmission robustness: Dual Streaming and Pro-MPEG FEC ensure rock-solid IP transmission, or you go beyond with Stream4Sure (the decoder is able to switch seamlessly in between up to 4 streams with different audio qualities forwarded by the encoder). The Reliable User Datagram Protocol (RUDP) ensures highest packet recovery with minimum bandwidth and low latency. Two hot pluggable power supplies guaranteeing fail-safe operation perfect the whole concept.
Smart management: Configuration set-up via an easy-to-use web interface for general settings as well as for backup or fall back. For remote control, the codec offers various possibilities – HTTP, FTP, Telnet, NMS, SNMP. Real time monitoring is possible by the “Icecast Live Listening feature”. Perfect synchronization can be achieved by PTPv2 and latency control.
Audio coding fitting to your needs
- High quality multi-format audio encoding
- MPEG 1 / 2 layer 1, 2, 3
- 711, G.722, PCM
- Ogg Vorbis
- MPEG 2 / 4 AAC LC, HEv1 & v2
- MPEG 4 AAC-LD/ELD/ELD v2
- Extended HE-AAC(xHE-AAC)
- Enhanced aptX(E-aptX)
- Optional: Bit transparent transmission of digital audio and MPX signals (AES/EBU input at 32 – 192 kHz, e.g. Audio, MPX, DolbyE)
- On request: Dolby Digital Pro / E encoder supporting AC3, Dolby E, Dolby Digital (DD) and Dolby Digital Plus (DD+)
IP streaming (unicast, multiple unicast & multicast)
- Rock solid network connection even in stress conditions according to standards RFC 3550, RFC 3551, RFC 3640, RFC 2250
- Professional studio IP streaming using UDP, RTP and SIP/SDP (standardized by EBU N/ACIP Tech 3326)
- Unicast, Multiple Unicast & Multicast
- PRO MPEG FEC
- Dual streaming
- Optional: Livewire/ Ravenna (SIP, SAP, RTSP, AES67)
- TS RTP, UDP and SRT streaming
- SRT Secure Reliable Transport
- Optional Stream4Sure: 2wcom streaming technology with different codecs/qualities and seamless switching of up to 4 Streams
Backup / advanced redundancy management
- Dual IP ports for data + 1 IP port for control interface
- Optional: redundant power supply 230 VAC or 48 VDC
- Remote control with various possibilities: HTTP/S, FTP, Telnet, NMS, SNMP,
- Revised configuration via web user interface for easier setup
- Insertion of localized advertisement
- SNMP v2c, relays, inputs
- Energy efficient 24/7 broadcast quality
- RDS decoding (built in RDS/UECP decoder)
- Embedded auxiliary data (RBDS/RDS or PAD) and GPIO forwarding
- Optional: Perfect network synchronization for SFN applications
- IP and MPEG parameters via SNMP v2c and relay
- Headphone output
- Icecast live listening
Advanced control functionalities
- HTTP/HTTPS: via web interface
- FTP: XML file control
- NMS: Control via centralized network management system
- Adjustable silence detection
- SNMP, alarm, source switch & event logging
Perfect audio quality
- Balanced analog and digital AES/EBU (integrated XLR connector)
Advanced IP robustness functionalities
- Operates under stressful network conditions
- PRO MPEG FEC
- Management of packet size, buffer, and QoS
- Optional: Stream4Sure – 2wcom streaming technology with different codes / qualities and seamless switching of up to 4 streams
- Optional: GPS/1PPS